Every day, we see people who are hurting – those who have lost jobs, lost a loved one, gone through a divorce, or are battling a terminal illness. Stephen Ministers act as God’s representatives, bringing His love to those who are hurting.
What Is a Stephen Minister?
- A friend of God who walks beside a hurting person.
- A caring Christian friend who really listens.
- A layperson who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care and participates in bimonthly supervision.
Stephen Ministry helps meet the needs of those who are:
- Separated or divorced
- Chronically or terminally ill
- Struggling with substance abuse
- In a job crisis
- In a spiritual crisis
If you are interested in receiving care, please call the Stephen Ministry voicemail at 919.862.8521 (select option 1) or email email@example.com for a confidential response.
- A person – either you, a relative or a friend – is in need of Christian care.
- The Stephen Ministry Coordinator learns about this need for care – from a pastor, the person or a friend; always with the person’s permission.
- A Referrals Coordinator talks with the person about Stephen Ministry.
- With the person’s permission, the Referrals Coordinator assigns a Stephen Minister to meet with the care recipient on a weekly basis.
- The Stephen Minister continues to provide distinctively Christian care for the person with strict confidentiality.
How can I become a Stephen Minister?