Stephen Ministry Class
Click Here to download a Stephen Ministry Application
What Is a Stephen Minister?
- a friend of God who walks beside a hurting person;
- a caring Christian friend who really listens;
- a lay person who has received fifty hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care and participates in bi-monthly supervision
Stephen Ministry helps meet the needs of those who are:
- Chronically or Terminally Ill
- Substance Abuse
- In a Job Crisis
- In a Spiritual Crisis
If you are interested in receiving care, please call the Stephen Ministry voice mail 919-862-8521 x 54, for a confidential response.
How Do You Ask For a Stephen Minister?
- A person – either you, a relative or a friend – is in need of Christian care.
- The Stephen Ministry Coordinator learns about this need for care – from a pastor, the person, or a friend; always with the person’s permission.
- A Referrals Coordinator talks with the person about Stephen Ministry.
- With the person’s permission, the Referrals Coordinator assigns a Stephen Minister to meet on a weekly basis with the person.
- The Stephen Minister continues to provide distinctively Christian care for the person with strict confidentiality.