Grace Community Church, a non-denominational congregation located in suburban Raleigh, North Carolina, whose mission is to love Jesus, love our neighbor and live faithfully, is praying for God’s guidance as we search for a Student Ministry Director.
The Student Ministry Director will oversee the church’s middle and high school ministries (6th-12th grades) and disciple the students in such a way that they are compelled to live out the church mission in their schools and various communities.
This leader will:
- Strengthen and grow an already healthy team of volunteers.
- Plan and coordinate weekly middle and high school Sunday evening services.
- Plan and lead summer camps and mission trips.
- Work alongside the children’s ministry director and senior pastor to instill a culture of discipleship in the families of Grace.
Our hope is that this full-time staff member will grow along with the church and will become a central part of leadership in the years to come.
Success in this role will be measured in the following ways:
- Health and growth of weekly student gatherings.
- Unchurched students coming to faith and churched students experiencing a deepening of their faith.
- Growth in the volunteer teams surrounding the Student Ministry.
- A greater student presence in the Sunday morning service.
- Development of a presence in the community through attending events at local middle and high schools.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; completion or pursuit of a seminary degree is preferred.
- Several years of experience working or volunteering with students is required. Preference will be given to those who have led student ministries previously or have served as interns in a large, thriving student ministry.
- Capable of teaching the Bible in a compelling and engaging way,
- Must be a “people-gatherer” and capable of relating to adult teams of volunteers as well as students.
- Must be comfortable and confident on stage.
- The most successful candidate will have a fire to reach students and know how to have a blast doing it.
- Must be a team player as this position will work alongside and lead the Student Ministry Assistant.
- Candidates with proficiency in video editing and graphic design may be considered for a full-time position.
This will be a full-time position. Applicants must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekdays, some evenings and Sundays.
Compensation will be determined based on experience. Benefits, including generous health insurance coverage, will be available.
If you would like to pursue this position at Grace, please submit the following to Graceraleighopportunities@gmail.com: 1) resume; 2) cover letter, and 3) three links (if available) to you teaching. In your cover letter, please describe for us what draws you to this position and to Grace Community Church.